Bratislava Branch Office – About us
Zurich Insurance Company Ltd is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 53,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, and life insurance products and services in more than 210 countries and territories. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
Zurich Bratislava, a branch office of Swiss-based Zurich Insurance Company Ltd, is a Slovakia-based competence center for highly specialized services in the areas of actuarial services, business intelligence, IT application development and service management as well as insurance network services.
An international workforce of more than 200 staff are supporting Zurich business units around the globe with value added services.
Life Business Actuarial and Finance Services
Bratislava based Life Business Actuarial and Finance Services is an internal global service provider for the Zurich Life Actuarial Functions across the globe to provide insight, analysis, reports and advice on the Life business unit’s performance and valuations.
We support local Business units in respect of actuarial reporting for Group and for local authorities. Part of the team is allocated to support Global functions in respect of technical queries and another part to support the Treasury, Investment & SWIFT SAP systems.
Finance Solution Management team
We are located in Bratislava and are responsible for 2nd level support for business users for Global finance applications including managing the incident ticketing tool. We implement all business requirements and changes for the Global finance applications including master data management and participation in finance transformation projects).
Zurich International Corporate Solutions & Zurich Global Employee Benefit Solutions Actuarial Team
We are an extension of the actuarial team based in Switzerland and provide actuarial valuation and management reporting for these two Zurich business units.
The InsightZ team
We are part of Zurich’s Finance Transformation department and support Zurich’s Group Planning and Performance Management initiatives worldwide. By implementing state of the art technology and advising on process, the InisghtZ team contributes to the Finance strategy by providing more effective analytics for planning and performance.
Prophet Model Development team
We provide support to Zurich Business Units within Europe and North America in the following areas:
- Model developments in Prophet software (life actuarial projections tool)
- DCS developments (tool for managing data),
- Developments of tools for reporting purposes and managing data in Excel - Prophet Help Desk - Analysis of models' outputs
Replicating Portfolio team
We use mathematical models and tools to deliver:
- Replicating Portfolios for all Life Business Units
- Economic assumptions for all Life Business Units
We also participate by improving and developing methodologies. The team is experienced in assessing the fit of estimated models, valuing various financial instruments and creating risk-neutral simulations.
Risk Management Services
Risk Management Platform team
We, a team of software architects, software engineers, data scientist and data modellers, are providing services for Zurich’s Risk Management Platform:
- Development for hosted applications, e.g. risk modelling applications
- Ad-hoc analytics services both of which are based on a number "platform capabilities" / services.
Life Model Risk Management team
This team specializes in the technical areas of life actuarial and analytical software development, providing the services to Group Risk Management, specifically Life Model Risk Management. The team's responsibilities include:
- Life Implementation Testing of life valuation models.
- Technical support of wider validation of the life valuation models.
- Technical support of validation of the capital/risk models.
The Capital and Risk Production team
We are part of the Group Risk Management department in Zürich and provide services for Internal Economic Capital Model and Solvency II Standard Formula and Quantitative Reporting Templates:
- Internal Economic Capital Model:
- Premium and Reserve risk production
- Aggregation of risks across risk categories and business
- New Business Risk Based Return Measure
- Available Financial Resources
- Continuous enhancement of modelling implementation and documentation
- Solvency II Standard Formula and Quantitative Reporting Templates:
- Support to development, testing, documentation and production of the regulatory models and reports
- Support to users of the Solvency II Risk Engine and Abacus
- Coordination of input delivery across Corporate Center departments
Commercial Insurance IP Service Center Slovakia
The IPZ Network Hub Slovakia, is one of five Zurich Network Hubs globally, supporting our global clients to insure their risks in over 25 countries across Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. For more details on Zurich's International Programs Network please click here.
Data Analytics Delivery Services
Our team is part of the Enterprise Transformation Team in Group Operations. Our main objective is to act as an execution partner for Business Units and Group Functions for the implementation of their data strategy through the delivery of expertise, platforms and services under terms that are superior to local alternatives. In Bratislava the team provide services across the full Data Analytics Delivery portfolio.
- Business analysts and Data engineers in the Analytics Services team can help our customers identify the best options for their data strategy.
- The Solution Design & Development team provides the correct solution design and development for the solution itself.
- The Projects & Portfolio Management team oversees the project related work and provides overall guidance and control.
- The Service Management team integrates the new solutions into the overall application portfolio and takes over management of the daily operation tasks and collaborates with Operations and Platform Management team on maintaining the overall environment handling the problem tickets and keeping the platforms up-to-date.
We provide Service Management for applications and platforms, application development services and projects as well as data analysis for business units and Zurich’s customers in over 150 countries worldwide.
We are running data mining projects and services by gathering huge amounts of complex claims data from hundreds of information systems around the globe to help Zurich’s leadership at corporate and country levels make the right decisions.
Pricing & Analytics Services
We are an integral part of Zurich’s Non-Life Reserving team within Group Finance and support a wide range of activities across the Group regarding business unit reserving, capital analysis and regulatory submissions. In addition we are involved in developing the Reserving tools and operating model for the future.
Europe Middle East & Africa team
We started supporting pricing initiatives in European countries 10 years ago. Since then we have developed a solid team that is providing both project works and performs regular tasks needed to report our key Pricing KPIs. In addition, we created a comprehensive training program for new joiners in local pricing teams across the globe. As the Data Science stream is picking up pace, we are extending our services in this area.
Zurich North America team
As part of the Predictive Analytics team in North America we work on cutting-edge analytics models based on a variety of statistical, data mining and machine learning approaches to deliver distinctive risk insights across a broad scope of topics, to achieve ongoing financial business impact.
Our main focus is to improve underwriting decisions by quantifying the risk, identifying potential customers and prioritize based on potential profitability and improve the assignments in the claim handling process.
Global Commercial Insurance team
We support group activities within our Commercial Insurance Underwriting team. This involves unique cross-function reporting to provide insights into company performance including finance and reserving team, capital team and Underwriting tea m KPIs. In addition we manage group wide profitability investigations and delivery of strategic projects such rationalisation of pricing tool application landscape.
Bratislava Competence Center Leadership Team
Head of Human Resources
Enterprise Data and Analytics Delivery
Manager, IP Service Center Slovakia
Head of Property & Casualty Actuarial and Claims Services
IT Service Delivery Manager
Head of IT Services
Head of Life Actuarial and Finance Services Bratislava / Head of Risk Management Services (a.i.)
Wolfgang H. Fischer
CEO / Head of Bratislava Branch Office